Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jetsun Pema, Queen Consort of Bhutan - Jewelry  (Read 22103 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2011, 01:50:20 AM »

Haha...thanks.  Star

I was hoping for a close up but this would do. She sure wears a lot of interesting earings.

here is a close-up, not very 'clean', but the different stones are recognisable. Looks like Sapphire, Jade, and Amethyst to me (?)

looks like aquamarine stones (light blue ones) are also among the other stones

yup, absolutely right, Galuh, good eye  Thumb up

Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2011, 12:34:58 PM »

Anna Hu Boutique

http://www.anna-hu.com/site/main.html
digitalkat

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2011, 03:36:57 PM »

Wow, I know Jetsun Pema is a Queen now and she's supposed to dress with style, but her trinkets are quite costly considering their country's GDP. (No offense, I really like her, but honestly it's quite a lot given the fact their GDP per capita is only <$2000 USD).

Anna Hu's smaller trinkets (I have one ruby ring with smaller stones) cost around $3000 USD, and those earrings would cost way more.
Not to mention her Birkin bag and huge diamond ring.

I hope the people of Bhutan really really love Jetsun and she serves her country well.

[coeur / heart]

This word refers to all kinds of movements and
desires, but what is constant is that the heart is
constituted into a gift-object whether ignored
or rejected.

--Roland Barthes, "Fragments D'un Discours Amoureux"
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2011, 11:47:46 AM »

It's interesting that you brought that up digitalkat as I was wondering how wealthy the Bhutanese royals are? Do the have their own fortune? Or are they mainly taxpayer funded?  Thinking

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2011, 05:55:20 PM »

Did her beautiful jewelry come from the vaults of Bhutan, or bought just for her by her husband.             Her clothing is beautiful but it must have taken many many months to have them all made
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2011, 06:06:42 PM »

It's interesting that you brought that up digitalkat as I was wondering how wealthy the Bhutanese royals are? Do the have their own fortune? Or are they mainly taxpayer funded?  Thinking

from the info I read about her, I don't believe that her family is poor, or middle class. I think status-wise they are upper class in Bhutan. Her father is Dhondup Gyaltshen is the grandson of Thinley Tobgye the Trashigang Dzongpon (Governor of Trashigang). Her mother, Sonam Chuki is the goddaughter of His Royal Highness Prince Namgyel Wangchuck (half-brother of Third King Jigme Dorji Wangchuck.

Jetsun Pema school path:
> Thimphu in the Little Dragon School
> Sunshine School (199596)
> Changangkha Lower Secondary School (199798)
> Convent education in St. Joseph's Convent in Kalimpong, West Bengal, India (19992000)
> Secondary school education at the Lungtenzampa Middle Secondary School in Thimphu (2001-2005)
> Lawrence School, Sanawar in Himachal Pradesh, India, in April 2006 (joined as Class-XI student where the subjects she chose to study were English, history, geography, economics, and painting)
> Completed Higher Secondary education on 31 March 2008
> Tertiary education by enrolling at Regent's College, in London (International Relations with Psychology and Art History as minor subjects)

digitalkat

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2011, 02:09:56 AM »

Well, Anna Hu is a relatively new haute jeweler, and those are poppies (Bhutan's national flower) so were more likely made especially for the wedding, thus I doubt these are from the Bhutanese royal vaults. Jetsun is unquestionably from Bhutan's upper class, but what their upper class would own honestly is more likely middle class in a Western country, and even for upper-middle class families in the West (for example the Middletons), they would not suddenly splurge on so many luxury items. I intensely dislike Kate Middleton, but she is more careful with her jewels and bags (although the multimillion move to Kensington is just...  Dead), I've yet to see her bedecked in so many jewels and carry a Birkin.

[coeur / heart]

This word refers to all kinds of movements and
desires, but what is constant is that the heart is
constituted into a gift-object whether ignored
or rejected.

--Roland Barthes, "Fragments D'un Discours Amoureux"
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2011, 07:19:40 PM »

I think we have here Diana reloaded, very charming and dutiful, but has an expensive taste.
hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2011, 09:28:13 PM »

all I see is an incredibly beautiful woman which is nice to look at but that's all for now

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

Amina

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2011, 10:41:12 PM »

all I see is an incredibly beautiful woman which is nice to look at but that's all for now

Very true.  It will be interesting to see what charities she takes up in the future and what her role will be. 
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2011, 08:17:08 AM »

There is a possibility that her parents gave her some jewelry as dowries. I don't know about Bhutanese custom but Indians sure take dowry very seriously (way too much IMO). Maybe it's the custom in the region?

The more appropriate comparison may be Queen Rania: A queen from a poor country has an expensive taste for finer things in life. I hope Jetsun will prove herself to be a woman of substance, rather than just an expensive taste. We'll see. 
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2011, 11:37:21 AM »

from the info I read about her, I don't believe that her family is poor, or middle class. I think status-wise they are upper class in Bhutan. Her father is Dhondup Gyaltshen is the grandson of Thinley Tobgye the Trashigang Dzongpon (Governor of Trashigang). Her mother, Sonam Chuki is the goddaughter of His Royal Highness Prince Namgyel Wangchuck (half-brother of Third King Jigme Dorji Wangchuck.

Jetsun Pema school path:
> Convent education in St. Joseph's Convent in Kalimpong, West Bengal, India (19992000)
> Secondary school education at the Lungtenzampa Middle Secondary School in Thimphu (2001-2005)
> Lawrence School, Sanawar in Himachal Pradesh, India, in April 2006 (joined as Class-XI student where the subjects she chose to study were English, history, geography, economics, and painting)
> Tertiary education by enrolling at Regent's College, in London (International Relations with Psychology and Art History as minor subjects)

Thank you for the information PeDe Star

I was thinking more of the Royal Family and her husband though, rather than her own personal wealth.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2011, 01:22:42 PM »

Or maybe these are gifts from friends. Rahul Ghandi for example.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2011, 05:58:39 PM »

It's interesting that you brought that up digitalkat as I was wondering how wealthy the Bhutanese royals are? Do the have their own fortune? Or are they mainly taxpayer funded?  Thinking

Jetsun Pema school path:

Thank you for the information PeDe Star

I was thinking more of the Royal Family and her husband though, rather than her own personal wealth.

ha ha ha....sorry L_S I think I delivered a grand "Themaverfehlung (digression from subject)"

B = for effort, F = for subject  Blush Laugh bounce and a  Star for you being kind

Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2011, 03:05:40 PM »

http://www.247feature.com...oaillerie-at-her-wedding/

Queen of Bhutan, Jetsun Pema, Wears Anna Hu Haute Joaillerie at Her Wedding

Anna Hu in Bhutan with Queen Ashi Tshering Yangdon (the Kings mother)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: