Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jetsun Pema, Queen Consort of Bhutan - Style  (Read 11274 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« on: November 19, 2011, 01:10:45 AM »

I'm in aw of Queen Jetsun's gorgeous traditional Bhutanese dresses, and I wanted to list them here:

The kira = the national dress for women in Bhutan. It is an ankle-length dress consisting of a rectangular piece of woven fabric, wrapped and folded around the body which is pinned at both shoulders, usually with silver brooches, and bound at the waist with a long belt. The kira is usually worn with a The Wonju = long-sleeved blouse (underneath the toego)
The Toego = short silk jacket

Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 05:21:24 AM »

The Bhutanese costumes have some similarities to Tibetan costumes. And the embroderieries have some Chinese influence as well. Jetsun looks better in traditional costume than Western clothes because she's so slender that her head looks big in Western clothes. When she wears lose-fitting traditional costume, it looks balanced. Plus, the rich colors of the traditional costumes suit her complexion.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 04:43:03 PM »

...and counting...

abs

Humongous Member

Svalbard and Jan Mayen Svalbard and Jan Mayen

Illegal substances? MOI???!!!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 08:28:54 PM »

...and counting...

This is a wonderful picture!

SEXY,SEXY!!!
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 09:35:11 PM »

I second that. It's a gorgeous photo with the scenary and the colors of their costumes.
Kuei Fei
Banned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 04:22:55 AM »

She's perfect, utterly perfect.

Such a pity that bedroom gymnastics isn't an Olympic event; Kate would have been a gold medalist of several years standing.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 04:27:24 PM »

one we haven't see yet

Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Mary & Michael, twins separated at birth?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 04:38:26 PM »

Beautiful pictures of beautiful couple, love those colourful traditional dresses thank you for posting the pictures, Pede big  Star 4 U

one we haven't see yet

http://i.imgur.com/vyEaz.jpg
Who is the other couple?

I wonder if there is any royal (from present time) who is shorter than prince Naruhito?  Thinking

lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 05:03:22 PM »

Can someone tell me the purpose of his boots?

Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 05:07:03 PM »

Found this

http://bhutan-360.com/tsh...ditional-bhutanese-boots/

Back in 1600s, Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyel not only brought changes in the political system of Bhutan but also in the way people dressed, resulting in the tshoglham, being a part of our national dress code.

Tsholham, loosing translated as Boots of Assembly, are traditional knee length boots worn by Bhutanese men especially during important ceremonial occasions. Ones commonly worn, these boots are traditionally hand stitched out of sheep or cow hide. Decorated with brocade and wool, and embroidered, these boots are held in place under the knee with a narrow strip of textle, also hand stitched and embroidered with beautiful Bhutanese motives. The main ensemble of the traditional boots consists of the open main portion made of black or blue satin decorated with brocade and with elaborate designs.

The main portion of the tsholham is black or blue in color but the front portion shows a variation in color. This difference in color and in some cases, the design used on the boots signifies rank and status of a person. Based on hierarchy, tsholham with the yellow front portion is worn by His Majesty the King and the Head Abbot (Je Khenpo), orange by the ministers, red by Knighted officers (Dasho). The common man wears boots with green front portion. The monks wear similar boots referred to as drablham, but with a red front portion.

Tsholham is predominantly meant for men. Tshanglham is another type of traditional boots, worn by Bhutanese women. These boots are believed to have been brought from the Tshang province in ancient Tibet.

A pair of tsholham costs between 2000 to 3500 Nu. depending on the material used. An elaborate pair can cost between 5000 to 6000 Nu. depending on the embroidery.

The making of the tsholham is an old craft practiced in Bhutan for centuries.  Although the practice is slowly disappearing in the villages, it’s picking up in the urban centers with support from the government.

Smiley

Who is the other couple?

Thailand´s Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra & husband Anusorn Amornchat.
Kuei Fei
Banned
Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2011, 05:14:57 PM »

one we haven't see yet

She is going to make a great royal in her own right, just you wait. Look at that exquisite poise.

Such a pity that bedroom gymnastics isn't an Olympic event; Kate would have been a gold medalist of several years standing.
Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Mary & Michael, twins separated at birth?

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2011, 05:53:58 PM »

Who is the other couple?

Thailand´s Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra & husband Anusorn Amornchat.
Thanks miss W  Star

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2011, 10:48:08 PM »

Designer Ritu Kumar has just returned from Bhutan, where she designed six garments for the newly-wed Queen Jetsun Pema. “Three outfits were designed with brocade from Benaras and one was a pure white outfit with cutwork,” says Kumar, describing some of the pieces she created for the royal wedding. “Since the Bhutanese are very traditional people, it was interesting to design something that was representative of their culture, while using different unusual fabrics. She (Queen Pema) is an extremely beautiful and stylish woman.”

The royal nod isn’t the only thing that’s keeping Kumar in high spirits. She’s also the only Indian designer to be invited to participate in the inaugural World Fashion Week, a New York-based charitable fashion gala where proceeds go to various organisations such as Sri Sri Ravishankar’s Art of Living Foundation.

The event, launched with a global campaign called ‘Give your light to the world’, aims at promoting entrepreneurship activities, women empowerment and eradication of global poverty.

“I was approached by the UN’s office in  New York, who told me that a jury had picked, from various designers across the 46 participating countries, and I was selected to represent India,” she says, insisting that despite her requests, they declined to elaborate on the criteria for the selection.

“I figured they were interested in a designer who has worked with the ethos of their own country,” she guesses, adding that, “They’re interested in our couture line and want me to keep the process as natural as possible. So I’m using metallic hand-embroidery from Bengal crafted onto rustic fabrics for a vintage feel.”

The garment has been created especially for the show and has been in progress for over three months now. It will be placed in an exhibit in New York, before being taken on a world tour, along with the garments sent in by designers from the 46-member eclectic list of countries, including Brazil, China, England, France, Germany, Australia, Cameroon, Kenya and the United States. The final outcome is an auction to be held next year, the proceeds of which will benefit the chosen charities.

http://www.hindustantimes...Week/Article1-759841.aspx

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 07:31:02 AM »

Thank you for the photos and thread PeDe!  Star

For anyone interested this white outfit she wore in India is a churidar pyjama with kameez

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Churidar

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2011, 05:07:53 PM »

Thank you for the photos and thread PeDe!  Star

For anyone interested this white outfit she wore in India is a churidar pyjama with kameez

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Churidar

why is it called pyjama, L_S, does it originate from sleepwear?  Blush

I just saw the wiki-link....double  Blush Blush thanks for the info...love to read about different kind of garments  Hug

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: