Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Those Damn Lycra Pantyhose!!!!  (Read 10583 times)
mamaptak

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Mon Dieu! Attempted tiara theft by Bogan!

Ignore
« on: October 05, 2007, 10:43:37 PM »

Would someone please tell the CP's of Europe (more specifically Maxima and Mathilde) that shiny lycra pantyhose are just not attractive  Thumb down.........especially on women with heavier legs, and certainly not for daytime functions.   Nono
This has been a pet peeve of mine for some time, and having recently seen them both make this faux pas again, I couldn't keep silent any longer!   
Is it just me or does anyone else share my strange peevishness towards this fashion attrocity?  Confused

Marissa - hands full with Zoe (Dec 7/03) and Markus (Feb 22/06)!
Ugly Betty

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 10:46:58 PM »

Would someone please tell the CP's of Europe (more specifically Maxima and Mathilde) that shiny lycra pantyhose are just not attractive  Thumb down.........especially on women with heavier legs, and certainly not for daytime functions.   Nono
This has been a pet peeve of mine for some time, and having recently seen them both make this faux pas again, I couldn't keep silent any longer!   
Is it just me or does anyone else share my strange peevishness towards this fashion attrocity?  Confused

It's not just you.  I am very particular towards stockings and despise the shiny ones more than any other.  I also think that black stockings are the epitome of bad fashion sense (regardless of what is shown in magazines).
mamaptak

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Mon Dieu! Attempted tiara theft by Bogan!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 10:58:51 PM »

Thank you kindly - I feel validated! 

Marissa - hands full with Zoe (Dec 7/03) and Markus (Feb 22/06)!
Diamond Lil

Gigantic Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 11:19:32 PM »

Hi mamaptak!   Smiley

No, you are not alone.  They are not particularly attractive, and can make even the nicest legs look bad.

Women with 'heavier' legs should avoid them like the plague! 

Maxima isn't fat by any stretch of the imagination.  But, she is a tall, large woman.  She shouldn't wear them at all.  They do nothing for her.   No     

TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 11:24:27 PM »

The "ancient and noble folk craft of lycra weaving" in in danger of becoming extinct! Nerves

Therefore, those dedicated to the preservation of the "ancient and noble folk craft of lycra weaving" have presented TRH Princess Maxima of the Netherlands and Princess Mathilde of Belgium with a LIFETIME supply of size __ pantyhose. Shine on ladies, shine on! (With any luck we will see the future Crown Princess of Belgium and Princess of Orange wearing them as well!)
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 01:26:23 PM »

Ha-funny thread!

I can't say I've noticed Mathilde or Maxima, I always thought M-M was the worst perpetrator.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 02:07:40 PM »

Count me in, I hate them almost as much as I detest those ankle strap shoes.....

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
RLB

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 07:40:03 AM »

I'm another hater of shiny pantyhose.  They do make non-shiny versions of these things-I know, I have a few pairs.  I also hate ankle-strap shoes.  Unless you have pin-thin legs and ankles, all they do is make you look huge in that area.
Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2007, 11:52:10 AM »

Ha-funny thread!

I can't say I've noticed Mathilde or Maxima, I always thought M-M was the worst perpetrator.
Mette-MArit rarely wears shiny nude nylons, she is though huge lover of thick black stockings, prefreble combined with brown shoes

Maxima must have 50 pairs of low heeled suede T-straps from Natan in all possible colours and they are so unflattering for her legs, esp when compared, very often , white shiny nude nylons.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 05:22:37 PM »

My mistake, I was thinking of the black tights!

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
karenlc

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 06:46:11 AM »

Oh, those pantyhose and T-strap shoes! Maxima, Maxima!!!!!!  The combination makes her legs look like tree trunks.  I should know I have a picture of myself in that combination when I was a lot younger and I look at it now and almost scream, if not gag.   
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2007, 10:31:26 AM »

There is an anecdote about Queen Wilhelminas legs (or was it Juliana?) The Queen was on a walk-about and when a young man remarked to his friend : "Yikes, she's got a pair of sturdy pillars there!" on that the Queen turned around and said somewhat acidly: " now on those pillars rests the house of Orange"
Maxima seems bound to provide a sturdy resting place too...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Avise

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2007, 12:33:53 PM »

Grin Grin

Definitely get rid of them and the ankle straps. Alexandra, Sophie, Mathilde- all wear those shiny leggings. Not wearing any seems to be popular too, in the summer, and I personally don't find that equally great for official work events.
patricia07

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2007, 05:48:38 PM »

I hate them, they look like wannabe figure skater tights.  T straps are okay only on the slenderest of legs.  Mary does look ok in t-straps and ankle straps as her legs are slim, but Maxi needs to stay away from them, there are many styles that could be more flattering!
karenlc

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2007, 05:56:14 AM »

There was a picture earlier in the year of Maxima and Maria Theresa of Luxembourg together and each had shiny hose, T-strap shoes and full skirts. I was horrified. Yikes
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: