Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aristocratic/Noble weddings  (Read 141583 times)
Coya

Big Member

Peru Peru

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: July 05, 2017, 09:16:55 AM »

Thank you and  Star back to you Pix!!
You're right, their story is weird, I read the family wasn't agree with their shotgun civil wedding and forced them to get an annulment because they want a big celebration but I don't understand why they did that, they still could celebrate the religious wedding in Mexico without dissolve the civil one  Thinking

And about the venue Colegio Las Vizcaínas, is a very popular place where the Mexican celebrities and members of the high society celebrate their social gatherings, especially weddings.

Edit : Apparently the annulment was because the wedding in the USA was religious celebrated by a pastor (non catholic), imagine with all the lobby to make Karl a saint, probably this was very inconvenient, info here

http://royalmusingsblogsp...a-galitzine-marriage.html
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 09:36:47 AM by Coya » Logged

Coya

Big Member

Peru Peru

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: July 05, 2017, 09:31:58 AM »

I founded some pictures of the wedding of the sister of the groom, princess Tatiana Galitzine and Mexican citizen Guillermo Sierra in Mexico City, April 2017, after an annulment of their first wedding (her family pressure them )in 2016 after a couple months.
I don't have idea if any corn was present

https://www.theknot.com/u...guillermo-sierra-apr-2017

http://www.healthfitnessr...absburg-princess-tatiana/

A little video of the catering company ( you can see the venue and decor)
https://www.facebook.com/.../videos/1334235183280392/

With her makeup artist

The bride and a guest

Good find, Coya!  Star

That couple's story is a bit weird.  They eloped, then annulled the marriage, then had this big wedding recently?  Very strange.  

The reception is beautiful though.  What a gorgeous location.  

If you are curious what royals   asked for presents they have  registries at  Kuhl-Linscomb and Zola (I never heard of this but is kind of cool)

https://www.zola.com/registry/tatianaandguillermo
http://www.kuhl-linscomb....om/registry.php?uid=65708
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 09:45:35 AM by Coya » Logged

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: July 05, 2017, 05:28:30 PM »

^^^^^^^^  OMG....Jet ski rental?  Dinner and a movie for two?  Breakfast in bed?  Laugh bounce Laughing Laugh bounce Laughing 

Tacky, tacky, tacky.   Thumb down Thumb down
Celia

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: July 05, 2017, 06:17:48 PM »

I have seen one registry recently for a wedding that's managed entirely on-line:  RSVP and gifts.  It's all about the honeymoon:  you can "give" straight cash for "Spending Money," tours, dinners, opera tickets, the hotel...  I find this SO tacky.
Lady Adelaide

Gigantic Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: July 17, 2017, 12:50:46 PM »

July 15

Max Percy (youngest son of the 12th Duke of Northumberland) married Princess Nora of Oettingen-Oettingen and Oettingen-Spielberg in Oettingen, Germany

OrangeOrchids

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: July 17, 2017, 04:07:06 PM »

Lets hope this one last. The last two Percy marriages failed within two years. They do look happy though.
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: July 17, 2017, 04:28:19 PM »

Weird looking flowers for the bride.
lothwen

Warned
Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: July 17, 2017, 04:35:37 PM »

^^^^^^^^  OMG....Jet ski rental?  Dinner and a movie for two?  Breakfast in bed?  Laugh bounce Laughing Laugh bounce Laughing 

Unfortunately the tackiness isn't limited to royals and aristos. 

smf3000

Warned
Medium Member

Botswana Botswana

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: July 17, 2017, 04:58:23 PM »

Lets hope this one last. The last two Percy marriages failed within two years. They do look happy though.

She looks sooo much like his Mother! She's like a German Princess version of Jane Percy.

Did anyone else wonder if she was related to Steven Spielberg? I got excited when I first saw her name  Supercontent

They both seem really happy. Good luck to them.  Thumb up
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: July 20, 2017, 05:41:00 AM »

July 15

Max Percy (youngest son of the 12th Duke of Northumberland) married Princess Nora of Oettingen-Oettingen and Oettingen-Spielberg in Oettingen, Germany

like how many times can you say oettingen  roolllyy quickly Grin

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Kaiserin

Big Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: July 20, 2017, 08:16:49 AM »

She looks sooo much like his Mother! She's like a German Princess version of Jane Percy.

Did anyone else wonder if she was related to Steven Spielberg? I got excited when I first saw her name  Supercontent

They both seem really happy. Good luck to them.  Thumb up

Steven Spielberg's ancestors are Hungarian/Austrian. The family is named after a town in Austria called Spielberg,

The Spielberg part of her name, in turn, derives from castle Spielberg in Bavaria, which is in possession of her family.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: July 20, 2017, 06:23:21 PM »

Don't you mean the reverse?  It isn't limited to the lower and middle classes?  That's usually the stereotype.   Thinking
lothwen

Warned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: July 20, 2017, 07:21:17 PM »

Don't you mean the reverse?  It isn't limited to the lower and middle classes?  That's usually the stereotype.   Thinking

I've seen it both ways,  tbh.

Ktc

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: July 20, 2017, 07:23:37 PM »

I have seen one registry recently for a wedding that's managed entirely on-line:  RSVP and gifts.  It's all about the honeymoon:  you can "give" straight cash for "Spending Money," tours, dinners, opera tickets, the hotel...  I find this SO tacky.

I wish this was an ok thing to ask for when I got married! We were too poor for a honeymoon  Halo
Eliza B

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: July 20, 2017, 07:34:00 PM »

I have seen one registry recently for a wedding that's managed entirely on-line:  RSVP and gifts.  It's all about the honeymoon:  you can "give" straight cash for "Spending Money," tours, dinners, opera tickets, the hotel...  I find this SO tacky.

I wish this was an ok thing to ask for when I got married! We were too poor for a honeymoon  Halo

The honey -pot registries.  Yes i find them tacky too.  And you dont actually buy anything... it's just a pot of money given to the couple in the end in a check, and i think some brands charge a small fee for use of their site.

Maybe it is true,  because I've been invited to a couple cash only showers. Or i know blunt people who don't even bother with pretext of a "registry".
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: