Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charlene fondation  (Read 60277 times)
Tinika

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: April 11, 2017, 12:49:29 PM »

So all this dim woman has to do is splash around in the water and people fawn all over her.  Doesn't matter that she cannot speak the language.  Doesn't matter that she has yet to make a remotely intelligent speech about anything.

I don't get it.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: April 11, 2017, 12:54:15 PM »

So all this dim woman has to do is splash around in the water and people fawn all over her.  Doesn't matter that she cannot speak the language.  Doesn't matter that she has yet to make a remotely intelligent speech about anything.

I don't get it.

With regard with the language knowledge, she may not be fluent, but she shown some control of French.
Something which also count for me is the active and especially REAL involvement in good cases within and outside Monaco, which I miss at others like for example Kate.
Ok, there are royal ladies (both born royal and through marriage) who do better and show more intelligence.
Lady Hermione

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: April 11, 2017, 05:51:10 PM »

I'm not Kate's biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination (in fact she's so boring and goody two shoes it's unbelievable) but I think she does have real involvement in real issues - I've been quite impressed by the work she does on the mental health front.

I also think there's an enormous difference between her and Charlene - she is two generations way from the crown. Charlene is the Princess Consort - I find her lack of visibility weird.

She supports some interesting and worthy causes, her interests complement the other charitable causes in Monaco but they have a strange way of organising her schedule.

It seems we see her lots of times in a short space of time and then she goes off radar for weeks. Why wasn't she at the Gala for her own foundation? What is she doing when not in public? I don't believe she's looking after the twins and riding weird contraptions on the sea the whole time.

And yes, I despair of the French - it's not an easy language but it's not that hard either.  Her official Instagram page isn't even bilingual - it's only in English. It may be aimed at an international audience but I still think French should feature.

She puzzles me - big time! I root for her, I like it when she makes appearances but I find the whole dynamic bizarre. It puzzles me that Albert finds this arrangement OK after the example he has seen his whole life from his parents and sisters - but then I don't have a lot of time for him either.

Just my musings on the situation - they will do as they please!  Tongue

ChocCharley
Banned
Banned
Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: April 11, 2017, 11:37:09 PM »

the main duty of a consort, male or female, is to provide legitimate heirs. Charlene has done this. She does not act like others in that it is not all about her and her clothes, and for this, she is criticised.
 Some other "consorts" could learn from her.
Tinika

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: April 12, 2017, 09:04:02 AM »

the main duty of a consort, male or female, is to provide legitimate heirs. Charlene has done this. She does not act like others in that it is not all about her and her clothes, and for this, she is criticised.
 Some other "consorts" could learn from her.

That's...one way to look at it. A very medieval way, but there you are.

If it really were not all about her clothes then she wouldn't be spending many thousands of dollars on Akris etc. It's plenty about the clothes.  

Seeking a princess who truly doesn't care about her clothes (or spend anything on them, from the look of things)? Look no further than Stephanie of Luxembourg.  Tongue

« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 09:09:21 AM by Tinika » Logged
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: April 12, 2017, 09:53:09 AM »

personally i'm divided about the subject, i think that it's nice that her foundation is about a subject so close to her heart and she is undoubtedly for me, very involved in the actions of her foundation
in other hand i think that she should expand her centers of interest, and the red cross organisation could be an excellent platform for this, it's also a pity that she doesn't work anymore for autism cause, the association of which she is the honorary president is moribund, it would be a good idea to reactivate it because there is so much to do
all in all, i will say that for me, for the moment she is doing quite well, but she has the potential and the qualities to do a lot more, if i have to give her a score it will be 13/20
mylady

Medium Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: April 12, 2017, 11:00:00 AM »

Albert is the president of the red cross of Monaco and he is nominating the members of the council of this association but Charlene is working with the Red Cross in giving gifts to the underprivileged persons , to the children of the red cross nursery or the old persons  at the home of old persons during the national fest or christmas fest, she is also visiting the maternity during the mother day or the handicaped people . I dont think Albert will let the presidence to Charlene, and it is not her will , it is albert's will
You cansee what she is doing in her instagram

https://www.instagram.com/hshprincesscharlene/

Victoria38

Warned
Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: April 12, 2017, 12:57:11 PM »

I agree that there seems to be a flurry of activity from her and then nothing at all. The King of Norway is having big 80th birthday celebrations on the 10th of May to which foreign royals are invited. Monaco will be too as Albert was at the 70th ones but I wouldn't put it past him to go on his own like he did last year for the King of Sweden's birthday. If that happens and he says it's because she's at home looking after the children, like he did last time, it will be another big disappointment. She's not been on an official visit with him abroad ( except one day to the Vatican) since the twins were born either and they are almost 2 and a half. Kate has young kids too but she still gets around. It's a bad show for a Princess Consort and I do like Charlene.
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: May 07, 2017, 04:34:21 PM »

some news about the foundation

south africa
water safety presentation at george cato primary school
http://www.georgecatoprim...ene-of-monaco-foundation/

new york
May 2
forum on global drowning prevention organized in new york by bloomberg philanthropies in partnership with the WHO
http://www.fondationprinc...prevention-ndash-02052017
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: June 04, 2017, 11:33:38 AM »

today takes place the Riviera water bike challenge
here pics of albert, davide coulthard, mika hakinnen, nico rosberg and paula radcliff
http://www.gettyimages.in...n-the-picture-id692121832
http://www.gettyimages.in...prior-picture-id692121612
http://www.gettyimages.in...te-in-picture-id692120426
http://www.gettyimages.in...mpete-picture-id692120996
Lady Hermione

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: June 04, 2017, 02:20:11 PM »

It looked fun - was following on the Instagram page. I hope they raised lots of money.

Rather surprised (to put it mildly) not to see Charlene. Will she be about later to hand out prizes etc?
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: June 04, 2017, 02:31:13 PM »

It looked fun - was following on the Instagram page. I hope they raised lots of money.

Rather surprised (to put it mildly) not to see Charlene. Will she be about later to hand out prizes etc?

i'm surprised also to don't see charlene, she trained to particpate in this event  Thinking
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: June 04, 2017, 03:36:50 PM »

just saw pics of charlene, she didn't participate, but gave the prizes to the winners, and in one pic she seems to have  a plaser in one hand, too bad  Sad
but the most important is that this race seems to have been a success, the pics are very nice  Smiley
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 04:23:25 PM by loubna » Logged
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: June 04, 2017, 04:31:54 PM »

pics

mylady

Medium Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: June 04, 2017, 06:20:12 PM »

It was a very good sucess , there were a lot of athletes participing to the race , Albert also

The most important is that the foundation raised a lot of Money for this big project  a  aquatic and lifesaving center in Burkina Faso.

Charlene founded this foundation,  she did not receive this foundation as Kate received presidence of associations which are already created
Visibly, we saw Charlene at some events, water safety day, promoting learning swimming lessons and so..; but there are work behind the walls of the palace, Charlene is receiving persons who are asking supporting of learning swimming  programs in some  french towns and  The foundations supported learning swimming programs and founded learning swimming lessons in poor countries where there are floods and the children  are drowning , 30 countries in the world were supporting by the P Charlene foundation.
With the foundation, Charlene founded the Monaco south africa exchanges , in an interview, Charlene said that there will be other children of other countries for this exchange.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: