Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 136   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inaki's Corruption Scandal  (Read 286769 times)
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2011, 02:17:18 PM »

With 4 young kids it will be quite difficult for Cristina if they do divorce IMO. I guess it would come down to Inaki's defence. If he claims ignorance throughout and that is shown to be the case then it will be less damaging to the family.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
danifaul

Large Member

sorry for my bad english

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2011, 04:27:48 PM »

google translation :
Inaki Urdangarin, Duke of Palma and husband of the Infanta Cristina who is involved in a corruption investigation, on Saturday broke the silence
to say again that the King's House has nothing to do with their private activities, contained in a statement through .
"I deeply regret the serious damage to the image of my family and the House of His Majesty the King, who has nothing to do with my private activities"
said the son of King Juan Carlos, in a brief statement to Efe Washington, home to the Dukes of Palma with their four children since 2009,
media reports said. Urdangarín is being investigated for his role as president of Noos Foundation, a nonprofit organization that received large
sums of public money and allegedly fraudulently diverted.

A court order directing early November several records, including Nóos institute, includes commercial entities investigated were designed
to "grab public funds" and that Urdangarín, along with his manager, Diego Torres, formed a "closed decision-making. " According to media,
the king's son could be charged in two months in a case that began in the Balearic Islands following the case "Palma Arena", which focuses
on the former Spaniard Jaume Matas former president, and has been extended to City of Arts and Sciences in Valencia. With the accumulation
of information and commentary in the media concerning their performance, the Duke of Palma has decided to step out and releasing the
Royal Family of private activities. It also said it had appointed Urdangarín as legal adviser and spokesman for the Catalan lawyer Mario Pascual Vives
 "which will be the person authorized to speak in my name", the statement contained in the media. "The son of Bourbon to jail for
theft ! "republican protest in Spain against the Royal Family UrdangarínMIEMBROS The Duke of Palma's announcement comes three days after
the King's House disseminate a brief statement to clarify that the princesses Elena and Cristina are still members of the Royal Family after
the appearance of news pointing to the princesses would play a secondary role in the monarchy. The loss of prominence in the official life of
the king's daughters - who have fallen by more than half his official acts in recent years - coincides with the appearance of Urdangarín case
and is part of a plan designed to provide greater long relevance to the Princes of Asturias, media said. The composition of the Royal Family is
defined in Royal Decree 2917/1981 establishing the Civil Registry of it, King's House said in its statement on Thursday. This register affects
the King, his consort, his first-degree ascendants, descendants and the Crown Prince of the Crown.
cred: http://coronas-reales.blo...ales+%28Coronas+Reales%29
Protest in Spain: "The son of Bourbon to jail for thief!"
Two thousand people protested against the monarchy and the husband of the Infanta Cristina, involved in a case of embezzlement.

http://www.perfil.com/con...1/12/08/noticia_0003.html

El rey de España da la espalda a su yerno tras el escándalo
Iñaki Urdangarín está cada vez más complicado por las sospechas de desvío de fondos públicos del gobierno de las Islas Baleares.

http://www.perfil.com/con...1/12/03/noticia_0005.html
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 04:33:22 PM by danifaul » Logged

The Queen celebrating...return of BRF
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2011, 09:08:52 PM »

This couldn't have come out at a worse time. All the considerations and sensitivity the SRF has given to the hard economic time are been discarded because of Inaki's actions. But at least one of the articles points out that Felipe's relationship with Inaki has strained in recent years. dkaren, you're right. All the gossips about strained relationships between Letizia and Cristina are putting F&L in a good light.

Maybe we should move everything about Inaki's scandal into a separate topic? This is clogging up a thread that should be about JC's, Sofia's and infanta's activities. Administrators?
hanzo1
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2011, 10:44:31 PM »

Interesting... I guess they will have to distance themselves publicly If the SRF wants to come out good somehow

So Inaki married a princess and thought that he is above all disgusting

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2011, 10:52:44 PM »

So, has Inaki been found guilty now?
What would happen if he were indeed innocent?  Would the public forgive the matter?
This sounds very serious for Elena.  She was not even involved, was she?
I like her demeanor a lot.

I'll answer this first as it's the easiest question. No, he hasn't been found guilty, he hasn't even been indicted (yet)
If he were found innocent the public would never believe it and would consider it special treatment for being married to the king's daughter. It would be a worse blow to the monarchy imo. The press has judged him already and found him guilty, unless they completely change their opinion on the matter after more research and info is made public he'll always be guilty for the public.
This is no serious at all for Elena(more on that later), she is not involved but her secretary(shared with Cristina) was the treasurer of one of Urdangarín's companies.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 12:08:30 AM by Clara » Logged

Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2011, 11:07:32 PM »

On Wed Zarzuela announced that they had been considering eliminating Elena and Cristina from the royal family, the next day they made the correction that Elena and Cristina would remain as the members of the RF since it's by law, the King can't change the law. But their activities would be further reduced. At this moment, I doubt Cristina will do any event, not sure about Elena. Both infantas only get paid by their Dad when they have an event, they don't receive money directly from the State, Laprincess is right JC is the only one who receives the money from the State and distributes as he pleases. Zarzuela will let go infantas' private secretary early next year, he was treasurer of Noos (Inaki's troublesome company). I think he was supposed to be Cristina or JC's 'eyes' in Noos, but somehow he failed to inform JC what was really happening there, maybe he did, now is being used as a scapegoat, who knows.
The scandal is very serious, will rock the foundation of the Monarchy if the SRF doesn't handle it properly. Thus it's very unwise for Sofia to pose with Inaki as if she was supporting him. Last weekend, the serious press asked Cristina to be removed from the line of succession if she wanted to stay in the marriage once Inaki was convicted. The serious press in Spain normally doesn't criticize monarchy (except for Inaki's financial scandal this time).

Thanks for the update.  Star

If Cristina is removed from the line of succession, will her children also be removed? Or they will remain in the line of succession?

I wonder whether now they'll finally hire a secretary for Letizia after they eliminate the infantas' secretary.

Who is conducting the investigation of Inaki right now? I wonder when they're going to make a decison on whether to charge him or not. Do you know?

Thanks!

I think once Cristina is removed from the line of succession, her children will be removed as well (Clara can verify this).
Leti already has a secretary (a military man with multiple titles), he is under Felipe's secretary, infantas' secretary is under Sofia's secretary.
A prosecutor (don't remember his name) from the Balearic government is conducting the investigation.

The easiest way to remove someone from the line of succession is if they renounce to their place themselves. If Cristina were to renounce, she can only do it in her name, not for her children. I guess there is a way the Parliament could remove someone through certain laws, but I don't see any reason they would want to touch the children's places.

Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2011, 11:15:33 PM »

Thanks, Clara, for clarifying.  Star

But can't JC strip Cristina's or her childrens' position? I agree her renouncing it would be the easiest way and it makes her look better. 
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2011, 11:31:51 PM »

I just saw a Nov 23 issue of Semana in Barnes & Noble. It has Cristina and Inaki on the cover. IIRC, the title is "Duros Momentos para Cristina". It's obviously about the scandal about them. Unfortunately, I can't read Spanish. Maybe Clara can tell us the gist of it?  Hug

Shosh, from I read Clara's and dkaren's explanation, Inaki and Cristina's business got public grants, from politicians who no doubt tried to curry favors with the SRF, to organize sporting events where famous athletes participated for free and they pocketed most of the money. I don't believe the infantas have ever gotten allowances from the state directly. JC gets an allowance for the whole royal family and allocates it as he sees fit.

I haven't found the magazine online though I found a place to download it but one of my roommates must be downloading something and I can't. In any case, I doubt there is anything new.

The story is the following:
Urdangarín had an non-profit institute called Noos. He was the president and his colleague Diego Torres was the manager. They offered services to autonomous government, like organising sports forums, doing reports...
There are two former autonomous governments under investigation for a huge corruption scandal and it's been discovered this institute worked for them.
It looks as if they charged a lot of money for simple reports, hired other companies owned by themselves, didn't deliver services for which they were paid etc...In short, it was a very obvious "scam" with public money and it seems Urdangarín and his former colleague are very stupid or thought being married to an infanta made him immune.
Cristina had a minor position in one of the satellite companies (one of those Noos hired for doing nothing in exchange of lot of money from an autonomous government) and Elena and Cristina's secretary was the treasurer in the same company.

He hasn't been formally accused of anything(actually last week the public prosecutor released an statement correcting some newspapers saying that they were not going to accuse him of anything (yet)) and all the stuff being published in the newspapers is illegally obtained(it should be secret), but the informations are very condemning and now accusations of evading taxes and sending money to fiscal paradises have started to appear after some of his ex-colleagues have given their declarations to the police/judge.

In 2006 Urdangarín left Noos and started working for Telefónica, and was sent to USA a couple of years later.
There have always been a certain suspicion surrounding Iñaki and his business arrangements. When he was sent to work to the US it was said off-record it was done by the King to distance him from some shady business of his but this was not discussed in the mainstream press.
The huge scandal started when earlier this Autumn the police registered the institute, some offices, Diego Torres was indicted...and then the press starting printing the damning information.

Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2011, 11:43:14 PM »

When the scandal broke out a month ago, the Royal Household didn't make any public statements. A spokesperson said to some journalists they would stay out of it, it was Urdangarín's private business and they had complete trust in the justice system.
Urdangarín gave a short statement defending himself and proclaiming his innocence.
Each day more incriminating information is made public and the public unhappiness with the topic grows but the RH is in a difficult situation, they can't do anything to Urdangarín as certain people may want, if they "punish" him in any way they are saying he's guilty when he hasn't even been accused and they are "over-ruling" the justice system.
Last week Sofía travels to New York for the Gold Medal Gala of the Spanish Institute and visits her daughter and her family. Understandable, it's her daughter but for f...'s sake, don't be photographed smiling with Iñaki. The pictures end up in Hola, and they become a huge scandal in Spain. This was seen as unspoken support to Urdangarín, a huge, huge, huge PR fail.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 12:11:18 AM by Clara » Logged

danifaul

Large Member

sorry for my bad english

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2011, 11:50:09 PM »

In 2006 Urdangarín left Noos and started working for Telefónica, and was sent to USA a couple of years later.
There have always been a certain suspicion surrounding Iñaki and his business arrangements. When he was sent to work to the US it was said off-record it was done by the King to distance him from some shady business of his but this was not discussed in the mainstream press.
The huge scandal started when earlier this Autumn the police registered the institute, some offices, Diego Torres was indicted...and then the press starting printing the damning information.
Thanks  Star Clara

Spanish royal family hit by fraud scandal

Police have raided the offices of his private companies and of a foundation he once presided over, taking away documents.
El País newspaper reported this week that prosecutors believe Urdangarin, who has not been charged with any wrongdoing,
will be named as a formal suspect in the case within two months.

Urdangarin himself, who now works for Spain's Telefonica phone company in Washington DC, has said he is innocent.
"When I know the details of the investigations being carried out … I will be able to comment on their contents," he said last month.
"My professional behaviour has always been correct."
Queen Sofia, meanwhile, has showed public support for her beleaguered daughter and son-in-law, allowing the latest edition of Hola magazine
to publish pictures of her visiting them at their home in the US.

But public prosecutors in Palma, the capital of the Balearics, have said there is evidence the institute was a front, charging hugely
inflated fees and siphoning money off to Urdangarin's private companies.
A €1.2m contract with the Balearic Islands was, prosecutors told investigating magistrate José Castro,
"totally disproportionate to the task … based exclusively on a fictitious budget which did not analyse a single cost".
They said evidence pointed to the foundation being used exclusively to channel money to other companies – many in the names
of Urdangarin or his business partners......
http://www.guardian.co.uk...-family-hit-fraud-scandal
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 11:55:21 PM by danifaul » Logged

Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2011, 11:51:20 PM »

The same day the photos are published in Hola(last Wednesday) someone gets nervous in Zarzuela and by mid-afternoon an article appears saying that according to Zarzuela the Royal Household was considering reducing the Royal Family to those members who only live off the public money and only work for the Monarchy(King, queen, F,L and the infantitas). Around 8 o'clock in the evening the royal reporter of the monarchist newspaper since the times of Alfonso XIII publishes an article denying this, but by nine o'clock this article had disappeared and the evening news are talking about the changes in the RF. Zarzuela never releases an official statement on Wednesday.
On Thursday morning Zarzuela finally makes a statement. There is a Royal Decree regulating who is member of the RF, the King's daughters are included in the RF by law. They also apologise for having given information regarding the decrease of official events of the infantas since Felipe formed a family that was misunderstood by the media the previous day.

Yesterday Urdangarín made a phone call to Efe and announced he had hired a lawyer, that his business dealings had nothing to do with the Royal Household and that he was very sorry for all the information that was harming the RH.
Tomorrow there is a working breakfast with journalists in Zarzuela, we'll see what they write afterwards.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 12:11:52 AM by Clara » Logged

Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2011, 11:58:32 PM »

I wonder how Holla! got the photo? Did Sofia, Cristina and Inaki really posed for a Holla! photographer? Or were they caught by surprise by a paparazzi? I agree. It's very bad PR.

Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2011, 11:59:44 PM »

You're welcome Laprincess and daniful  Smiley  Star Star
To answer your question Laprincess, Juan Carlos can not take them off the line of succession, and probably while the children are minors nobody (not even themselves) can take them off the line.
On the contrary JC gives titles of Infante by Grace (Cristina is not an infanta by grace, she's a born infanta) so I don't know if he could take her title back or a particular law would need to be approved in Parliament.

Daniful while I personally believe Iñaki will be formally charged(hopefully sooner rather than later), I wouldn't trust everything the newspapers publish. After all, very recently, the public prosecutor denied the claims of one newspaper, according to them Urdangarín was going to be charged any day. The public prosecutor said they had no intention of doing so.
Imo, they are going to make very, very sure he's guilty (or not) before doing anything.

Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2011, 12:02:13 AM »

Sorry for the terrible English and the rushed posts, I lack the vocabulary to speak of this topic, I'm very tired and this really enrages me  Tongue

I wonder how Holla! got the photo? Did Sofia, Cristina and Inaki really posed for a Holla! photographer? Or were they caught by surprise by a paparazzi? I agree. It's very bad PR.

The photos don't look posed, there have been photographers stalking the Palma family since the news broke out and they must have been expecting the Queen knowing she was going to New York. In any case, they could have avoided the press not going out to dinner etc...
Hola would have probably respected their wishes if they asked not to be photographed.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 12:07:23 AM by Clara » Logged

danifaul

Large Member

sorry for my bad english

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2011, 12:09:43 AM »

http://www.diariodenavarr...ashington_57076_1035.html
Nevertheless, yesterday, Hola magazine published exclusive pictures of the Queen visiting the Duchess and Duke of Palma in DC,
and the cover photo was a smiling Queen, Duke and a sombre Infanta.
http://atthespanishcourt.wordpress.com/

You're welcome Laprincess and daniful  Smiley  Star Star

Daniful while I personally believe Iñaki will be formally charged(hopefully sooner rather than later), I wouldn't trust everything the newspapers publish. After all, very recently, the public prosecutor denied the claims of one newspaper, according to them Urdangarín was going to be charged any day. The public prosecutor said they had no intention of doing so.
Imo, they are going to make very, very sure he's guilty (or not) before doing anything.
I understand your point.  Thumb up

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 136   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: