Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: About Wallis Simpson and Edward VIII  (Read 39588 times)
abs

Humongous Member

Svalbard and Jan Mayen Svalbard and Jan Mayen

Illegal substances? MOI???!!!

Ignore
« on: December 26, 2011, 08:35:33 PM »

I tried to find a thread on Wallis Simpson, and Edward VIII, and I am sure there is one, but I gave up. Too many pages to trawl through.
I came across this article, which is quite interesting. Why I was making searches on them is because my mother claims that WS has American Indian ancestry. I havenīt been able to find anything to corroborate that, but found this article with excerpts from an old letter, which was kept in a safe deposit box for 70 years.   

http://www.telegraph.co.u...son-not-good-looking.html

SEXY,SEXY!!!
abs

Humongous Member

Svalbard and Jan Mayen Svalbard and Jan Mayen

Illegal substances? MOI???!!!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 08:46:56 PM »

Huh?

SEXY,SEXY!!!
Kuei Fei
Banned
Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 07:13:21 PM »

I always wondered why there was such hostility towards Wallis. Edward pursued her and there is ntohing wrong with marrying an American, or a divorcee, or a commoner. These days the RF has a divorcee and a commoner in their ranks so there is no reason that she was unsuitable. It's so sad that she was so hated and scapegoated, despite the fact that it was Edward that kept coming after her.

Such a pity that bedroom gymnastics isn't an Olympic event; Kate would have been a gold medalist of several years standing.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 07:35:56 PM »

I always wondered why there was such hostility towards Wallis. Edward pursued her and there is ntohing wrong with marrying an American, or a divorcee, or a commoner. These days the RF has a divorcee and a commoner in their ranks so there is no reason that she was unsuitable. It's so sad that she was so hated and scapegoated, despite the fact that it was Edward that kept coming after her.

IMO it was because it led him to abdicate and  therefore requiring the DoY to become the next King. Apparently the Queen Mother(who disliked Wallis already) believed that the strain of being King during the War was a factor that led to his early death. Also both Edward and Wallis were pictured visiting with Nazi leaders in Berlin. The DoW  and his wife apparently did not like being exiled to the Caribbean during the War to be Governor General because of that visit to Germany.
batwoman
Banned
Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 10:13:06 PM »

Queen  Mother also hosted Ribbetrop and majority of London society. Duke of Windsor was brainwashed by his wife, but the movie with great costumes is out in February. I can't wait.
lemongrass

Baby Member

Malaysia Malaysia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 11:43:45 PM »

The woman always gets the blame?? Unfortunately, the social mores of her time were more rigid regarding divorce. If the whole scandal had happened in the late 50s or 60s, Edward might have been allowed to wed Wallis with the proviso that she not be acknowledged as Queen (like the Camilla compromise).

Speaking of movies, I have not have the chance to watch The King's Speech. I know the King and Queen will be given the hero edit but just how did the movie portray Edward and Wallis? Were they seen as villains?

I always thought it was ironic that after 30 years of taking the hard line against Wallis and Edward, the Queen Mum had to see her own grandson fall for a married woman. I wonder if Charles had renounced the throne for Camilla, how she would have felt.
Kuei Fei
Banned
Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 11:56:51 PM »

the Queen Mum had to see her own grandson fall for a married woman. I wonder if Charles had renounced the throne for Camilla, how she would have felt.

I think she would have cursed Charles within an inch of his life and ended up taking an even more hardline stance. The Queen Mother apparently didn't mind that Camilla was a mistress, but after the divorce is when the Queen Mother thought that Camilla might be a threat to Charles. I wonder if the British public would accept an American as a Consort. We're supposedly allies (Americans and British), yet the Brits seem to look down on Americans.

Such a pity that bedroom gymnastics isn't an Olympic event; Kate would have been a gold medalist of several years standing.
ronda

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 12:07:29 AM »

the Queen Mum had to see her own grandson fall for a married woman. I wonder if Charles had renounced the throne for Camilla, how she would have felt.

I think she would have cursed Charles within an inch of his life and ended up taking an even more hardline stance. The Queen Mother apparently didn't mind that Camilla was a mistress, but after the divorce is when the Queen Mother thought that Camilla might be a threat to Charles. I wonder if the British public would accept an American as a Consort. We're supposedly allies (Americans and British), yet the Brits seem to look down on Americans.

Apparently marriage to Camilla was out of the question as long as the Queen Mother was alive...  But
  Charles was always going to marry her at some stage. IMO

Smiley...Knowledge is Power...Smiley
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 03:55:53 AM »

The woman always gets the blame?? Unfortunately, the social mores of her time were more rigid regarding divorce. If the whole scandal had happened in the late 50s or 60s, Edward might have been allowed to wed Wallis with the proviso that she not be acknowledged as Queen (like the Camilla compromise).

Speaking of movies, I have not have the chance to watch The King's Speech. I know the King and Queen will be given the hero edit but just how did the movie portray Edward and Wallis? Were they seen as villains?

I always thought it was ironic that after 30 years of taking the hard line against Wallis and Edward, the Queen Mum had to see her own grandson fall for a married woman. I wonder if Charles had renounced the throne for Camilla, how she would have felt.

If you read up on the history of Wallis and Edwards' Nazi collaboration, you would no longer be surprised at the hardline attitude. They actually had to be banished to the Caribbean because they posed such a threat to the Allies. She was a foul human being.
MoonFlower

Medium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2011, 05:05:35 AM »

Huh?

OMG! This photo is creepy. It makes me wonder if Wallis & Edward were into the black arts. I'm wondering as read a book about the Nazis, Hitler & the Kabbala practices. Yikes Dead Blink

All these leaviating & trying to take over the world freaks me out.  Crap
fogdancer

Big Member

Brazil Brazil

He dances! Be jealous Jagger

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2011, 09:50:05 PM »

Apparently marriage to Camilla was out of the question as long as the Queen Mother was alive...  But

at least Prince Charles uncle was happy with his decisions, it takes a man to do that, and Elizabeth the 1st wasn't gorgeous or friendly, why the hell everybody in sugar boards makes QE  I & II as goddess, unfortunately for Charles and his hopes they live to get very old, sorry Charles you may not become a king sowwy Laughing

In the lack of the words, be fluent in diamonds.
enelya

Medium Member

Canada Canada

Izzy's Channelling Her Inner Rockstar

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2011, 09:58:50 PM »

at least Prince Charles uncle was happy with his decisions, it takes a man to do that, and Elizabeth the 1st wasn't gorgeous or friendly, why the hell everybody in sugar boards makes QE  I & II as goddess, unfortunately for Charles and his hopes they live to get very old, sorry Charles you may not become a king sowwy Laughing

During the second world war, the Queen Mum was called the most dangerous woman in Europe, she is the one credited with keeping Bertie afloat and every one thinks she's the sweetest ickle thing. As much power as she had on her grandson, the one I really wonder about in terms of influencing him deciding when being allowed to marrying the little horse that could would have been Lord Mountbatten.
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2011, 10:03:40 PM »

What has QEI to do with this useless bunch?
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2011, 10:08:21 PM »

During the second world war, the Queen Mum was called the most dangerous woman in Europe, she is the one credited with keeping Bertie afloat and every one thinks she's the sweetest ickle thing. As much power as she had on her grandson, the one I really wonder about in terms of influencing him deciding when being allowed to marrying the little horse that could would have been Lord Mountbatten.

Are you a Nazi sympathiser or something? You have neglected to mention here that it was the Nazis who described Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother as the most dangerous woman in Europe. That makes it one of the greatest compliments ever paid to a human being.

What's with all the Wallis "Nazi" Simpson sympathisers suddenly on this board? Incredible that we have posters dissing the wonderful QE2. Expect much hardcore and articulate razzing from me if you plan to be nasty about the Queen.
enelya

Medium Member

Canada Canada

Izzy's Channelling Her Inner Rockstar

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2011, 10:13:20 PM »

Are you a Nazi sympathiser or something? You have neglected to mention here that it was the Nazis who described Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother as the most dangerous woman in Europe. That makes it one of the greatest compliments ever paid to a human being.

What's with all the Wallis "Nazi" Simpson sympathisers suddenly on this board? Incredible that we have posters dissing the wonderful QE2. Expect much hardcore and articulate razzing from me if you plan to be nasty about the Queen.

Uh Hester, I'm not a Nazi sympathizer, and in fact I think Wally was the worst thing to have hit the family as it opened the door to Chuckles getting his way on Camilla.

I was simply agreeing with a previous poster about the fact that every one thinks the Queen Mum was the sweetest little thing when she wasn't. I'm not being a sympathizer when biographers are even saying she could hold a grudge like there was no tomorrow. I have no problem with the present Queen and I couldnt remember sorry who had said the quote. Which was why I said someone.  So before you come swinging at me, try asking me what I was trying to say.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: