Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: About Wallis Simpson and Edward VIII  (Read 39156 times)
Ellie

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: June 24, 2015, 12:38:47 AM »

I think it was pretty surprising they did allow John to be in public, on carriage rides, and never acted like he didn't exist until things got pretty bad. George and Mary, of course, as we know, were not very demonstrative people or parents but that was how things were back then--as well as the treatment of John. I can imagine thinking his life was suffering that death would be a release for the poor boy. David didn't just say that, but Mary did as well. It's assumed he was autistic as well as epileptic, right?

William reminds me a lot of the Duke of Windsor... All the bad traits, at least. I wonder if he had better parenting, better nannies, he'd have turned out differently or if it was just his personality but we shall never know.
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: June 24, 2015, 01:57:16 AM »

Yes, the general thought, I believe, is that John also had a mild autism. The article I read recently stated he did have a close playmate.  She was a young girl who lived in the country to try to aleviate asthma. They, too, would garden together in the garden Queen Alexandra organized for John.

I think John was loved just like the other children. As mentioned, the education about autism and seizures was not advanced.

The cruelty came in Edward's behavior regarding his brother, and using his ugliness as a emotional weapon against his own mother.

MidnightDiamond

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: June 24, 2015, 06:15:33 AM »

Am I the only one finding it creepy that William and Edward are so similar. George(EII dad) and Harry seem similar though  Smiley in a good way!
cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: June 24, 2015, 08:07:19 AM »

That's why I say, they love the Caribbean so much, Will is the perfect Governor of the Bahamas   

There's a feeling I get when I look to the West....and my Spirit is crying for leaving
Lady Adelaide

Gigantic Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: September 21, 2016, 01:31:26 PM »

Duke of Windsor had a love child with a Parisian seamstress - and paid to keep her silence, new book claims

http://www.telegraph.co.u...parisian-seamstress--and/

François Graftieaux, left, claims his grandmother had an affair with the Duke of Windsor
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 01:51:28 PM by Lady Adelaide » Logged
Lady Alice

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: September 21, 2016, 06:38:10 PM »

He's not the first. The Canfield dude is more likely, though.

bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2016, 07:11:23 PM »

Looks like he has a hunk of that Windsor DNA>
LDJJ

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2016, 02:00:37 AM »

Wow, there is a resemblance.  I was more intrigued by the comment from his private secretary:

"Alan Lascelles, Edward's private secretary for eight years during this period, believed that "for some hereditary or physiological reason his normal mental development stopped dead when he reached adolescence"."

Sounds oddly reminiscent of William.
Ellie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2016, 03:02:58 AM »

I've read that David was most likely impotent due to an adolescent bout of the mumps.
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2016, 09:39:11 AM »

There are certainly a lot of odd rumors about the duke and what he may or may not have been able to do with Wallis, or anyone else for that matter.
cordtx

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: September 22, 2016, 09:53:43 AM »

my husband had a bad case of mumps at 18, he was so swollen " down there" he missed his prom.
Yet we had 3 children by the time he was 27 so I think it doesn't always cause impotence

There's a feeling I get when I look to the West....and my Spirit is crying for leaving
emtishell

Small Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: September 22, 2016, 12:41:36 PM »

my husband had a bad case of mumps at 18, he was so swollen " down there" he missed his prom.
Yet we had 3 children by the time he was 27 so I think it doesn't always cause impotence

Mumps can cause infertility, never heard of it causing impotence........
Lady Adelaide

Gigantic Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: September 22, 2016, 06:17:46 PM »

Don't know if I'm the only one but I definitely see a resemblance between David and Pierre-Edouard Graftieaux (the author's father). I doubt we'll ever know the truth though - QE2 will never in a million years agree to a DNA test and what other options does he have?

CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: September 22, 2016, 08:30:06 PM »

I'm glad the Windsors never had kids; can imagine what they'd look like?   

Plus I can see they demanding a royal role for their kids and the fight with the Queen Mum would have been WW3.
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2016, 10:24:44 PM »

They could hardly be worse looking than the current horsey queen and her offspring.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: