Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: About Wallis Simpson and Edward VIII  (Read 40615 times)
batwoman
Banned
Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2011, 10:27:45 PM »

Yes, and her wedding matchmaking plans how hook up Charles with her favourite innocent looking virgin contra Louis Mountbatten's choice and their fight over the influence on Prince Charles backfired.Mountbatten was assasinated in August 1979,Diana went to scene a year later with her You poor thing, HRH, I felt so sorry for you when I saw you on TV mourning for your uncle...bla bla, Lady Fermoy, her grandmother, also forceful enought to swap younger BF for his older brother who inherited a title and push her daughter to Earl Spencer's bed and than her granddaughter Diana, supported by Queen Mother contra Mountbatten's plans.
fogdancer

Big Member

Brazil Brazil

He dances! Be jealous Jagger

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2011, 03:56:03 PM »

Are you a Nazi sympathiser or something? You have neglected to mention here that it was the Nazis who described Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother as the most dangerous woman in Europe. That makes it one of the greatest compliments ever paid to a human being.

What's with all the Wallis "Nazi" Simpson sympathisers suddenly on this board? Incredible that we have posters dissing the wonderful QE2. Expect much hardcore and articulate razzing from me if you plan to be nasty about the Queen.

Uh Hester, I'm not a Nazi sympathizer, and in fact I think Wally was the worst thing to have hit the family as it opened the door to Chuckles getting his way on Camilla.

I was simply agreeing with a previous poster about the fact that every one thinks the Queen Mum was the sweetest little thing when she wasn't. I'm not being a sympathizer when biographers are even saying she could hold a grudge like there was no tomorrow. I have no problem with the present Queen and I couldnt remember sorry who had said the quote. Which was why I said someone.  So before you come swinging at me, try asking me what I was trying to say.

I am a not nazi follower too, but why the hell history tells that the royal windors removed the german surnames off of their genealogy tree? Then... about Wallis the movie The King's Speech and books says that Queen Elizabeth the first was the one who forced Edward to rennounce, because as SHE SAID nobody in the royal family can get married with an divorced woman... ahem.. Whistle so what Cowmila is doing there?Huh? even the anglicanism was created by the windsors to marry divorced people now I am confused.

and now it's time for the historical infos:

The name "Anglican" means "of England", but the Anglican church exists worldwide. It began in the sixth century in England, when Pope Gregory the Great sent St. Augustine to Britain to bring a more disciplined Apostolic succession to the Celtic Christians. The Anglican Church evolved as part of the Roman church, but the Celtic influence was folded back into the Roman portion of the church in many ways, perhaps most notably by Charlemagne's tutor Aidan. The Anglican church was spread worldwide first by English colonization and then by English-speaking missionaries.
The Anglican church, although it has apostolic succession, is separate from the Roman church. The history of Christianity has produced numerous notable separations. In 1054 came the first major split from Roman administration of the church, when the Eastern Orthodox church and the Roman split apart.

The conflict of authority in England between church and state certainly dates back to the arrival of Augustine, and has simmered for many centuries. The murder of Thomas a Becket was one of the more famous episodes of this conflict. The Magna Carta, signed by King John in 1215, contains 63 points; the very first point is a declaration that the English church is independent of its government..

Discontent with Roman administration of the church.

The beginning of the sixteenth century showed significant discontent with the Roman church. Martin Luther's famous 95 Theses were nailed to the door of the church in Wittenburg in 1517, and news of this challenge had certainly reached England when, 20 years later, the Anglican branch of the church formally challenged the authority of Rome. Henry VIII dissolved the monasteries and abbeys in 1536.
There is a public perception, especially in the United States, that Henry VIII created the Anglican church in anger over the Pope's refusal to grant his divorce, but the historical record indicates that Henry spent most of his reign challenging the authority of Rome, and that the divorce issue was just one of a series of acts that collectively split the English church from the Roman church in much the same way that the Orthodox church had split off five hundred years before.
Defining the new church
The newly-separated Anglican church was given some formal structure in 1562 during the reign of Elizabeth I. That structure is not a management process or governing organization. What binds us together is not common administration but shared tradition and shared belief. Our belief is written down in the Holy Bible and the Articles of Religion; our tradition is in part embodied in our Book of Common Prayer. The first Book of Common Prayer was produced in 1549. In it the Latin liturgy was radically simplified and translated into English, and for the first time a single 'use' was enforced throughout England. It has been revised numerous times since then, the most significant revision being the first, in 1552. All revisions since then, before the modern era, were very conservative revisions. The 1662 English Book of Common Prayer forms the historical basis for most Anglican liturgy around the world. While several countries have their own prayer books, all borrow heavily from the English tradition rooted in Cranmer's original work.
Further Information
Church history has been an important part of the cultural history of every nation, and through the centuries thousands of books have been written about it. Every library and every encyclopedia will cover it to some degree. An informative online starting point for learning more about the history of the Anglican Church is The Anglican Timeline, produced by the American physician Ed Friedlander, MD. It lists several hundred notable events in the history of the Anglican church, with large numbers of links to reference materials and primary sources.

http://anglican.org/church/ChurchHistory.html

In the lack of the words, be fluent in diamonds.
julygal

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2011, 04:42:47 PM »

One thing which should be clarified here is that Elizabeth the First died in 1603.  I believe you are referring to the Consort of George VI, whom we all know as Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother.  Consorts are not accorded numbers, since they do not reign.
lemongrass

Baby Member

Malaysia Malaysia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2011, 06:38:25 PM »

That photo of the Duke and Duchess 'levitating' was actually them jumping. A photographer was creating a series of photos of celebrities jumping and asked the Windsors to do the same.
divinemiss

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2011, 09:00:34 PM »

I really admire the queen mum. She did everything she could to keep the monarchy going and leave a legacy for her daughter..fair play to her. Even in the toughest of times she didn't openly push her own barrow..she pushed the monarchy's barrow. For someone not born royal she sure did care about the institution!

It was indeed the Nazi's who named her the most dangerous woman in Europe..because of the way in which she worked to keep the spirit up of the people of Britain..I absolutely love the quote: "the girls will not leave me, I will not leave the King and the King will never leave"

In one sentence she got across the importance of family, the notion of solidarity and gave the people a rallying cry..brilliant. Nowadays its all about personal gratification and self promotion...thats why royalty has been cheapened beyond repair IMO.

As for the Windsors..I think that they were first in what now appears to be a long line of "royals" only interested in what the position can do for them rather than what they should be doing within the position.
whimsicalwriter
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2011, 09:17:16 PM »

I really admire the queen mum. She did everything she could to keep the monarchy going and leave a legacy for her daughter..fair play to her. Even in the toughest of times she didn't openly push her own barrow..she pushed the monarchy's barrow. For someone not born royal she sure did care about the institution!

It was indeed the Nazi's who named her the most dangerous woman in Europe..because of the way in which she worked to keep the spirit up of the people of Britain..I absolutely love the quote: "the girls will not leave me, I will not leave the King and the King will never leave"

In one sentence she got across the importance of family, the notion of solidarity and gave the people a rallying cry..brilliant. Nowadays its all about personal gratification and self promotion...thats why royalty has been cheapened beyond repair IMO.

As for the Windsors..I think that they were first in what now appears to be a long line of "royals" only interested in what the position can do for them rather than what they should be doing within the position.
Don't forget the Queen Mother also made regular addresses to the French resistance (in french)to encourage them and help keep there spirits up.
abs

Humongous Member

Svalbard and Jan Mayen Svalbard and Jan Mayen

Illegal substances? MOI???!!!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2011, 10:06:11 PM »

That photo of the Duke and Duchess 'levitating' was actually them jumping. A photographer was creating a series of photos of celebrities jumping and asked the Windsors to do the same.

Thanks for that explanation - of course they are jumping!

SEXY,SEXY!!!
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2011, 11:24:55 PM »

One thing which should be clarified here is that Elizabeth the First died in 1603.  I believe you are referring to the Consort of George VI, whom we all know as Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother.  Consorts are not accorded numbers, since they do not reign.

Quite.

And the Windsors can't exactly have "created the Church of England" 300 years before they were created themselves!

Sounds like a bit of quick Wikipedia pastiche-ing (as we all do!) got confusing!   
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2011, 01:31:16 AM »

Are you a Nazi sympathiser or something? You have neglected to mention here that it was the Nazis who described Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother as the most dangerous woman in Europe. That makes it one of the greatest compliments ever paid to a human being. What's with all the Wallis "Nazi" Simpson sympathisers suddenly on this board? Incredible that we have posters dissing the wonderful QE2. Expect much hardcore and articulate razzing from me if you plan to be nasty about the Queen. [/quote]

what happened to free speech and dissing on royals??? Blink

and ABS, its true, Bessie I think ...had Cherekoe blood in her lineage...its in her biography by Charles Ingram...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallis_Simpson

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2011, 01:45:52 AM »

This is worth a repeat IMO. Camilla, Kate, Andrew and Fergie - it all pales compared this this. I for one am glad Edward abdicated.

“After the war is over and Hitler will crush the Americans. We’ll take over. They (the British) don’t want me as their King, but I’ll be back as their leader.”

Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2011, 01:59:35 AM »

and ABS, its true, Bessie I think ...had Cherekoe blood in her lineage...its in her biography by Charles Ingram...

G Smiley

Free speech does not extend to racial hatred.
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

BooHoo Sugars

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2011, 02:02:11 AM »

This is worth a repeat IMO. Camilla, Kate, Andrew and Fergie - it all pales compared this this. I for one am glad Edward abdicated.

“After the war is over and Hitler will crush the Americans. We’ll take over. They (the British) don’t want me as their King, but I’ll be back as their leader.”

Indeed.  These two were no naive kids in the woods.

They intentionally backed Hitler, knowing that - in doing so - they were hoping for the defeat of the Americans and Britain.

http://iconicphotos.wordp...d-and-wallis-with-hitler/

Ain't nobody got time for Mary's sh*t.
abs

Humongous Member

Svalbard and Jan Mayen Svalbard and Jan Mayen

Illegal substances? MOI???!!!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2011, 02:13:05 AM »

Are you a Nazi sympathiser or something? You have neglected to mention here that it was the Nazis who described Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother as the most dangerous woman in Europe. That makes it one of the greatest compliments ever paid to a human being. What's with all the Wallis "Nazi" Simpson sympathisers suddenly on this board? Incredible that we have posters dissing the wonderful QE2. Expect much hardcore and articulate razzing from me if you plan to be nasty about the Queen.

G Smiley
[/quote]

Good thing Hitler didn´t know about that, huh.
That photo with Adolf makes me sick.

SEXY,SEXY!!!
Ugly Betty

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2011, 02:22:58 AM »

I always wondered why there was such hostility towards Wallis. Edward pursued her and there is ntohing wrong with marrying an American, or a divorcee, or a commoner. These days the RF has a divorcee and a commoner in their ranks so there is no reason that she was unsuitable. It's so sad that she was so hated and scapegoated, despite the fact that it was Edward that kept coming after her.

At the time there was considered hugely wrong for a Windsor to marry a divorcee.  Margaret wasn't allowed to marry the true love of her life, Peter Townsend, because he was divorced.  If she married him, she would have lost everything.  

One of the problems with Wallis is that she had two living ex-husbands and was still legally married to the second one when she became engaged to Edward.  The joke circulated at the time was "He started as the Admiral of the Fleet and ended up Third Mate of an American Tramp."

batwoman
Banned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2012, 02:26:11 PM »

Like Napoleon has 2nd secret police controling 1st secret police I'd like to know who's in charge of new British secret services etc if their chef couple years ago was so silly having his Speedo swimtrunks photo posted on public FB profile. New article about watching two kings
http://www.dailymail.co.u...isis-new-book-claims.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: